Sunday 27 March 2011

Skills Gained - Nikita Patel

During the process of filming and editing our final piece, I have gained many skills. The camera we used, a Canon HDV30 Camcorder ,, was used for the preliminary task and the final piece. The I have never used before. By using the tripod, I was able to film different angled shots to improve our final piece. Although the camera picked up the smallest of sounds and movement; therefore we had to be careful when filming to ensure there was silence and only sounds we wanted in the film. Also we used small Mini DV Tapes which were easy to carry around and have in our bags if we needed to film something spontaneously. 
By using software such as iMovie, I learned to edit the footage to run in a smooth and interesting way to ensure our final piece was as its best standards. Also, I learnt how to import songs from iTunes to include to run over the footage. In addition to this, I learn to use transitions, such as fade outs and cross box effects for the flashbacks, to add suspense and tension to the film.
Being the main protagonist and acting in the final piece, taught me many acting skills which benefitted our final piece. Although we record the same scenes over and over again, I slowly forgot the camera was there and acted to the best of my ability. I kept on looking directly into the camera at first but slowly started to focus my attention on the acting and staying in role. 

No comments:

Post a Comment