Sunday 27 March 2011

Evaluation by Kimberley Griffiths

I feel that the product that we have created was fairly well constructed. We use different aspects to represent a range of things. We represented teenagers through the creation of our main character; we illuminated psychological issues that many teenagers suffer with in today’s society, showing it though the main storyline and her personality too. Continuing, I believe that our audience would most likely be teenagers and people who are into Indie Cinema, which would probably be older teens and onwards. To address our audience we used typical everyday things such as location and costume so that the people watching we able to relate to what they watch and put themselves in the characters position, allowing them to enjoy the film more.

I believe that the type of film institutions that would distribute our media piece would be small and independent organizations. Institutions that probably base their choice of films around nationality, that they would pick British Indie films, small unknown directors and possibly more complex and unusual storylines that wouldn't normally make it to larger film distributors.

From this whole experience I have learnt that creating a film is extremely hard work and involves a lot of dedication and faith in your project. Moreover, I have learnt that new technologies drastically help progress and that without such things as 'Moviemaker' the whole process of editing a film would be completely different and I'm sure 100x harder. Nevertheless, technology does have its drawbacks and the fact that it has such a wide range of possibilities can be seen as a bad thing as it is easy to do something without knowing that cannot be un-done. Looking back on our preliminary task, I definitely learnt that planning was key to creating a good piece and continuity was very important, that the smallest thing can make or break a movie.

Overall, as a project I believe that I am not grasping the main parts that are involved in making a movie, however I believe that I work best editing the film post-production that working on the actual filming of the work. I now understand how time is extremely precious and 10 minutes can change the lighting completely and create a horrible continuity mistake. I will now take from what I have learnt here and apply it to my exam work and also I different aspects of my life where filming and preparation is key.

No comments:

Post a Comment